Rachana A. Kulkarni, MD, FACC, MBA, CPE
Clinical Cardiology, Nuclear Cardiology, Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Medical School: Government Medical College, Nagpur, India
- Internal Medicine: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
- Cardiology: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
Dr. Rachana A. Kulkarni, MD, FACC, MBA, CPE joined Medicor Cardiology in 1998. She is Board Certified in Cardiology and Nuclear Cardiology. She completed her internal medicine and cardiology training at Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Dr. Kulkarni is the past President of The American Heart Association of New Jersey SC. She has also served as the Chief of Cardiology and the Chairman of the Department of Medicine at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset. She is co-chair of NJ American College of Cardiology's Women in Cardiology Chapter and serves on the Boards of directors for the American Heart association. She is also co-chair of the anti vaping efforts by the AHA and serves on American Heart Association's national committees.
She strongly believes that heart disease is largely preventable by addressing risk factors and adopting a healthy lifestyle. Her areas of interest are preventive cardiology and heart disease in women. She has dedicated her time and efforts to raising awareness for heart disease in women and has given multiple seminars, both nationally and internationally, to further this cause. She has been published extensively and is also a contributing author in cardiology textbooks on heart disease in women.
She has received numerous awards for her work:
- The Woman of Distinction Award by the American Heart Association for 'making sustained and extraordinary contributions to women, health and society.'
- Public Health Hero of New Jersey for improving heart care in New Jersey and promoting a culture of heart health in the communities.
- Honored for her leadership by the 'Executive Women of New Jersey'
- Best 50 Women in Business in New Jersey -By NJBIZ for her contribution to the Healthcare industry
- She was recognized by the American Medical Association as an Inspirational Physician. This award is given to physicians who have contributed to the achievements of women in the medical profession
Dr. Kulkarni has been recognized as a 'Top Doc' and as a 'Top Cardiologist' for the past several years. In addition, she has been commended by her peers as one of the best cardiologists in New Jersey and as one of the Best Doctors for Women. She was also recognized as a top cardiologist by The International Association of HealthCare Professionals. She serves on the National Board of Directors for Akshaya Patra USA - a charity to promote education in underprivileged children.